The Be On TV Competition(“Competition) is being presented by Orangenius. Please read these Competition Rules (“Rules) carefully before submitting work (“Submission”). These Rules will assist you in completing your entry. Adding the keyword “Be On TV” to your Portfolios, as further discussed below in the section, “Submission Steps” will act as an agreement by the applicant to these Rules.
- We are looking for an Orangenius member who can express how the platform will help his or her creative success.
- Orangenius will choose Five (5) Finalists to show their work in the documentary.
- Each finalist will be interviewed via Skype, in person or another real-time one-on-one method by an Orangenius Team member. The Grand Prize Winner to appear on screen.
- Filming is scheduled for early October in New York City. The Grand Prize Winner is expected to be on location for one to two days. Air travel and hotel accommodations will be provided.
Entering the competition is easy. Add the keyword “Be On TV” to any Portfolio before the deadline. That’s it!
- The application review process will be judged on your overall profile (Bio, Artworkk Details, Portfolios). However, we will ONLY review the portfolios that are tagged with the keyword “Be On TV”.
- A portfolio can contain up to 15 works. Only artwork within tagged Portfolios will be reviewed. This will allow you to submit only your best work.
- You will not receive a confirmation for your entry. If you have added the “Be On TV” keyword to your portfolio then you have entered the competition.
- The Competition is open to any type of visual artist, working in any medium, context or geographical location within the United States.
- The Submissions must be by an individual, living artist.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Applicant must reside in the Continental United States.
- Each portfolio must include a minimum of two and a maximum of fifteen works
- Multiple versions or photographic angles of the same work should NOT be added as separate work with their own Artwork pages. Instead, add the additional images of a singular work to the Artwork’s page by clicking edit and then clicking the “add additional images” button. You can only add additional images one at a time. Note: This is a Pro feature.
- Entries cannot be submitted by Orangenius employees, affiliated entities, agents, officers, directors, owners, employees, or their immediate families, nor can work commissioned by Orangenius be submitted
- If a work is created by more than one person, the submission must be from a primary creator or copyright holder with permission to submit the work.
- No entry fee is required.
- Images uploaded to Orangenius should be at least 800px high. Uploads larger than 965px high or 2500px wide will be downsized automatically.
- Formats must be JPG, PNG, GIF, or BMP.
- Don’t forget to click save on each entry step on the Orangenius platform.
Five Finalists Requirements
- Complete Bio summary and the narrative around your creative history as detailed on your Bio page.
- Excellent artistic skills
- Strong use of creative ideas (when applicable)
- The background story behind each submitted artwork and details as described on your artwork pages.
Grand Prize Winner Requirements
- Each finalist will be interviewed by a member of the Orangenius Team.
- We will evaluate your ability to effectively and enthusiastically describe your work, your career, future goals, and your experience as a member of the Orangenius community.
- Orangenius reserves the right not to present an award if the submissions are deemed to be of poor quality.
- All finalists and prize winners will be notified by email or phone.
SUGGESTIONS FOR PROPERLY PREPARING YOUR PROFILE
It may have been a while since you have reviewed your Bio, Portfolios, and Artwork. There have been many changes to the platform, with new layouts and additional fields. We suggest you review the following before submitting.
- Review your Orangenius Bio to ensure it includes a well-thought-out artist statement or Bio summary and that your creative career highlights are presented with sufficient detail and in a compelling manner.
- Review your Portfolios making sure that each has a cohesive set of works and a description that ties the works together.
- Review each work in your portfolio submission to make sure that it has a clear, high-resolution image, a title, description and details about the work.
- The Grand Prize Winner and Finalists will be announced on Instagram along with any contest updates, so please follow us to receive these notifications.
- The Grand Prize winners will be included in an Awards Announcement, which will appear on Artrepreneur and in our newsletter.
- Deadline for entries is September 18, 2018
- Finalists will be announced by September 24, 2018.
- Interviews will take place during the week of September 27, 2018.
- The Grand Prize Winner will be chosen around October 2, 2018
- Filming is tentatively scheduled to take place during the week of October 8th.
WARRANTY AND INDEMNIFICATION
THE APPLICANT WARRANTS (GUARANTEES) THAT THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUBMIT WORK, THAT THE IMAGE IS ORIGINAL AND DOES NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF ANY OTHER PARTY. THE CONTESTANT WILL INDEMNIFY AND KEEP ORANGENIUS, INC. INDEMNIFIED AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS, SUITS, PROCEEDINGS, LOSSES AND COSTS (INCLUDING ANY LEGAL COSTS OR REASONABLE EXPENSES PROPERLY INCURRED AND ANY COMPENSATION, COSTS AND DISBURSEMENTS PAID BY THE AOI ON THE ADVICE OF THE AOI’S LEGAL ADVISERS TO COMPROMISE OR SETTLE ANY CLAIM) ARISING FROM OR AS A CONSEQUENCE OF ANY BREACH OR ALLEGED BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY.
- Applicants agree that their Submission may be used by Orangenius, without reservation or limitation, for the promotion of this competition and future related competitions including but not limited to press coverage, postcards, posters, ads, Orangenius or any of its partners social media, website, and e-newsletters etc. and thus grants Orangenius a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce and distribute the entries for that purpose.
- Orangenius will endeavor to use these entries in a manner consistent with the goals of this competition and will, when possible to make the rights holder aware of its use.
- Orangenius is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed, or misdirected entries.” and reserve the right, without discretion, to modify or terminate this contest in the event of any act, occurrence, or reason that it believes would corrupt the integrity, administration, or fairness of the contest.
If you have any questions about the competition, please contact:
79 Madison Ave
New York, NY 10016
E-Mail: [email protected]
If you have questions regarding the application process or using the Orangenius platform, please contact [email protected].