FOUR GRAND PRIZE WINNERS WILL WIN A PRESTIGIOUS PRIZE PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES MEETINGS WITH AWARD WINNING INDUSTRY GIANTS, $500 CASH. ADDITIONAL PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO SIXTY FINALISTS.
Apply Now. It’s Free!
Entering this competition will give you a unique opportunity to have your work be seen and reviewed by important industry leaders and recruiters who can help guide you on your career path. Choose from the Entry Categories below and then follow the Submission Steps below to enter.
We want to see not only your work, but also the story of who you are, and why you do what you do. Please read the Discovered Competition Rules for details on submission requirements, such as sizes and formats, and to minimize any issues with your submission.
Just follow these Three Steps for submission.
1) Fill out the DIscovered Submission Form – Part 1.
2) To submit the required information, Register for a FREE Orangenius account. (You must use the same email used on your Submission Form).
- Fill out your Artist Statement in the Orangenius Bio tab
- On the Artwork tab, upload 3-6 works or animation stills for consideration, including a title, short description, and category. Other details are optional.
- Create a Portfolio of your submitted works.
3) When your submission is ready for review, submit your portfolio link using Submission Form – Part 2.
The deadline for entry is May 30, 2018.
Winners and prizes
One grand prize winner and fifteen finalists will be chosen from each of the following categories.
One Grand Prize Winner will be chosen from each category and will be awarded the following:
- Consultation with a prominent animation industry executive to be held in person or via video conference
- Consultation with the Chief Marketing Officer of Creative Circle, one of the largest creative staffing agencies in the business
- $500 Cash Prize
- One-year free Orangenius Pro Membership (value $108)
- Interview for a stand-alone article on Artrepreneur.
- “Discovered Competition Winner” badge on their profile and priority placement in Orangenius Search
- A direct link to their winning portfolio on the Orangenius Search Page
Fifteen finalists from each category will also be awarded the following:
- One-on-one career coaching session with a recruiter from Creative Circle
- One-year free membership to Orangenius Pro ($108 value)
- Spotlight feature on Artrepreneur.com
- “Discovered Competition Finalist” badge on their profile and given priority placement in Orangenius Search.
All applicants receive a free Orangenius Pro Membership for six months (valued $54). Pro Membership provides the extra powerful features to help you and your work stand out. To know more about Pro benefits, see Competition Rules for details. You will receive your coupon code by email after you have filled out Submission Form – Part 2 with your Orangenius portfolio.
Grand Prize Winners will be meeting with the following Animation and Creative Industry Executives:
AWARD WINNING ANIMATOR and CEO @ RICHARDSON STUDIOS
Bob Richardson is a graduate of California Institute of the Arts (Chouinard), with a degree in animation and film production and a vast amount of experience in the entertainment industry. After working on many highly acclaimed theatrical cartoons, TV Specials, as well as TV series (“Planet of the Apes,” “Dungeons & Dragons”), Bob received four consecutive Emmys and other awards producing and Directing “Jim Henson’s Muppet Babies” with his talented creative partner, Hank Saroyan. Shortly thereafter, Bob set-up the Marvel Films Animation Studio, producing/directing sixty-five half-hour episodes of Fox’s top-rated “Spider-Man” series. He produced and directed the CGI TV series: “Max Steel” and in 2004, won his fifth Emmy directing the TV series: “Tutenstein.” Bob has worked on features ranging from Disney’s “Jungle Book” to Bakshi’s “Heavy Traffic,” to complete two action-packed super-hero movies for Marvel and Lionsgate (2006): Ultimate Avengers I and II, as the Producer and Supervising Director.
GLOBAL CMO of CREATIVE CIRCLE, ON ASSIGNMENT
Adam Bleibtreu currently serves as Chief Marketing Officer for both On Assignment, Inc. (ASGN), a leading global provider of in-demand, skilled professionals in the creative, interactive, technology, healthcare, and life sciences sectors, and Creative Circle, a specialized staffing agency that connects innovative advertising, marketing, creative, digital, and interactive professionals with companies seeking talent on a full-time or freelance basis. His career includes some eclectic and interesting mile markers. He’s an award-winning commercial director and documentarian. As the marketing executive in charge, he has shaped the creative direction and strategy for the companies, brands, and products he has helped launch. He’s even been a TV executive, supporting the launch of the fledgling WB network and its shows, which helped widen the landscape of network programming. His body of work has received numerous creative awards, including Emmys and Addys.
Finalists will be meeting with career coaches and creative recruiters from:
WE CONNECT DIGITAL CREATIVES
Creative Circle is one of the largest creative staffing agencies in the business — run by creatives, for creatives. We connect advertising, marketing, digital, and interactive professionals with companies looking for full-time or freelance talent. Whether you are talent looking for a job, or a hiring manager looking for talent, our team is here to help in 35+ markets across the U.S. and Canada.
- Entrants cannot be selected as a Grand Prize Winner or Finalist in more than one category but can apply to either both professional categories or both new talent categories.
- Grand Prize of one-on-one meetings with prominent media industry executives will be held either in person or via video conference. Prior to any meeting, Orangenius will determine the process and general understanding of what will be discussed. While the focus of the meeting will be chosen by the winner, it must be career advice oriented. Materials such as resumés for review or a body of work must be submitted in advance.
- Grand Prize Winners and Finalists must limit presented works for review to fifteen still images or up to three short videos, lasting no more than 5 minutes each.
- Work must be uploaded to Orangenius for review.
The competition will be judged by influential animators and illustrators from New York City institutions (to be announced).
Dates and Deadlines
All submissions are due by May 30, 2018. A panel of jurors will determine the contest winners in June 2018 and announced in July 2018.
Orangenius is a platform created for artists, by artists. It was designed to put control back into artists’ hands. An online platform and collaborative community for creatives, Orangenius users can show and share their work with online portfolios and ‘visual’ resumes, give and get credit for collaborative projects, find and apply to art world jobs, open calls, creative gigs, and more.