Are you Ready to buy art
Sellers can choose a direct payment or payment via an escrow account.
Direct to Buyer
With this option, buyers contact the seller via the “Send Message” button on the Artwork page to make a purchase.
- Buyers will only see a “Contact Seller” Button on the artwork’s page.
- Any terms, such as payment type or delivery method, will be negotiated between buyer and seller.
- Buyer pays the seller directly, without Artrepreneur involvement in the transaction.
- Any protection for the purchase, including insurance and return for defective items, will be handled by the seller.
This is the best option when purchasing art from well-known entities, such as galleries that can assure a buyer that the seller is legitimate and that the art received will be delivered as ordered.
With Escrow Protection
- If the seller has chosen this method, buyers will see a “Buy Artwork” button on the artwork’s page.
- Payment will be processed by escrow.com, the world’s most secure payment method for reducing risk in a transaction.
- Shipping will be from a list of approved shippers that can provide tracking information that escrow.com can use to verify delivery.
This is the best option for unknown or lesser-known artists or lower priced art. An escrow payment provides confidence that the artwork will be delivered as advertised and undamaged. If there are problems with the delivery, the purchase price can be recovered.
HOW IT WORKS
- If your seller has chosen Escrow for the sale of the work, you will need to set up an account with escrow.com in order to make the payment.
- Buyers will only have to do this once.
- Escrow.com reduces the risk of fraud by acting as a trusted third-party that collects, holds and only disburses funds when both Buyers and Sellers are satisfied.
Buyer Popup Form
SETTING UP YOUR ESCROW ACCOUNT
- HOW DOES ESCROW WORK?
- Buyer and Seller agree to terms – Either the Buyer or Seller begins a transaction. After registering at Escrow.com, all parties agree to the terms of the transaction.
- Buyer pays Escrow.com – The Buyer submits a payment by approved payment method to our secure Escrow Account, Escrow.com verifies the payment, the Seller is notified that funds have been secured ‘In Escrow’.
- Seller ships merchandise to Buyer – Upon payment verification, the Seller is authorized to send the merchandise and submit tracking information. Escrow.com verifies that the Buyer receives the merchandise.
- Buyer accepts merchandise – The Buyer has a set number of days to inspect the merchandise and the option to accept or reject it. The Buyer accepts the merchandise
- Escrow.com pays the Seller – Escrow.com releases funds to the Seller from the Escrow Account.
- The transaction is completed – safely and securely!
To purchase a work, simply click the “Buy this Artwork” button on the artwork details page. A buyer will be redirected to escrow.com where he or she can make the payment. All correspondence, such as payment receipts, direct communications with the seller or tracking information will all be handled by escrow.com via email. Escrow.com requires shipping be handled by one of the shipping companies listed below in order for its system to track the delivery.